Public Health England with regard to the Coronavirus
Dear MusicSmart Singers,
We have taken the decision to cancel all choir rehearsals, from this week, Monday 16th March, due to the advice from Public Health England with regard to the Coronavirus.
The health and well-being of our MusicSmart Community is of the utmost importance to us. Singing in a choir is an activity where we are all breathing deeply in close proximity to each other and we are aware that many of our singers have underlying health issues and/or are older. We are sorry to have come to this decision but we want to protect everybody.
• The Singing Saturday ‘Spring Celebration’ March 21st is postponed and a future date will be announced. We would like to hope that the Singing Saturday on May 16th will go ahead as planned.
• Concerts that have been scheduled for FCS, Just Sing Bognor and SingSing choirs are postponed and will be rescheduled in due course.
• The performance of SingSing Ladies Choir at the Tyler’s Trust Charity Dinner, has been postponed by Tyler’s Trust and will also be rescheduled.
• Anyone who has bought tickets can get a refund on production of the tickets when we resume our rehearsals.
• Anyone who has donated raffle prizes, if you would like them returned, please do just ask. If not, they will be safely saved until the future concert.
At present, we would like to hope that we can resume our rehearsals after the usual Easter Break, which is week beginning Monday 20th April, but we will of course follow the guidelines of PHE.
We will keep in touch and do take care everyone!
Hilary and Paula x